Sunday, August 17, 2008

I spent Sunday morning going though the social web cms website and the accompany blog socialcmsbuzz.com blog and was just astonished by the down right lies this group is trying to perpetrate. From reading the pligg source code and the social web cms code I've come to the realization that Pligg's lead developer sabotaged the code base before he left pligg. Leaving them with serious security vulnerabilities in earlier versions. This is probably the worst thing the lead developer Ashdigg could have done since all subversion changes are logged with date and time. This guy would never be hired at my firm.I can't find anything to back this up on the Pligg blog or forums, but I would think it's safe to say that Ashdigg was fired from Pligg. It only makes sense. His code sucked bad enough that Pligg paid a security consultant to check over his code. This tells me some bad blood was going on which probably resulted in the firing of Ashdigg. I wouldn't recommend using SocialWebCMS unless you want some serious problems. I'll stick with Pligg.

No comments: